Save progress gone after the latest update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save progress gone after the latest update

My progress is completely gone after updating the app to the latest version in iOS.
    I tried to retrieve my account by logging into my GI account but it seems my save has been overrided...

During the update progress it has crashed a few times, and there is a time there was a popup asking if I want to restore my save but the app crashed before I can do anything.

Is there still a way to retrieve my save? I don't want to start over especially I have spent a bit on the game.... If restoring is not possible then I am saying goodbye to this game

Hi!

It's absolutely possible, don't worry! So the first step is to write to support, and remember the name of the original account, additionally, to include the GI Play that was registered to it. Support will be able to track both new and old account, figure out the connection and restore progress

Here's the link to the request form: http://www.game-insight.com/en/suppo...me=mercsofboom

Comment

It appears that account is gone from an iOS device no matter when or how smoothly an update to Mercs of Boom is done.

You really should have issued a warning, urging everyone to make sure they know their GI ID and that they have resgistered with an email and password.

Recovering without having registered just makes a lot of hassle for the user and more work for support, and many people never make it back into the game...

Comment

Originally posted by StarQnaked View Post
        It appears that account is gone from an iOS device no matter when or how smoothly an update to Mercs of Boom is done.

You really should have issued a warning, urging everyone to make sure they know their GI ID and that they have resgistered with an email and password.

Recovering without having registered just makes a lot of hassle for the user and more work for support, and many people never make it back into the game...

GI Play is the most universal and stable way to recover account, that is true, but we also enabled Facebook and Game Center recovery to offer more options.

Your point does stay true though, the update was coming in hot, and we certainly could have warned players in advance to attach GI Play. Sorry that we didn't.

Comment

I only rely on the GI account. I find Game Center annoying, and I don't trust Facebook.

By the way, with the new quality settings allowing for older devices, how come the app still does not work on iPad mini 1st gen? It can be downloaded from Apple, but then says it won't work when trying to download the basic/full game content.

Comment

Originally posted by StarQnaked View Post
            I only rely on the GI account. I find Game Center annoying, and I don't trust Facebook.

By the way, with the new quality settings allowing for older devices, how come the app still does not work on iPad mini 1st gen? It can be downloaded from Apple, but then says it won't work when trying to download the basic/full game content.

We're limited by the engine how far back can we go with the hardware, which also heavily impacted the list of supported Android devices.

Sadly, going forward, the current list is the one

Comment

Arghhh ... bitten by the upgrade. My account and profile got wiped, the restore option did not pickup the 2.5 year profile. A proactive warning would have really helped ...

I have pinged Support several times over the past week with no response.

Any recommendations on what to do next ?

-- dwy-mini
              Last edited by dwy603; 05-06-18, 19:13.

Comment

We will continue in PM

Comment

Working...
                X