Offline play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offline play?

About a week ago, my internet started dropping at random times, and with it the game as well. I was under the impression that this game could be played offline save for pvp, but is that no longer the case? I haven’t even been able to proberly sync up the game for the entire week either, so can’t reinstall it.

X-Mercs can be played offline on iOS (tested just now), not Gameroom, and I am not sure about the Windows 10 version.

Comment

Originally posted by ShellCore View Post
      About a week ago, my internet started dropping at random times, and with it the game as well. I was under the impression that this game could be played offline save for pvp, but is that no longer the case? I haven’t even been able to proberly sync up the game for the entire week either, so can’t reinstall it.

The game can be played offline both on PC and on iOS, but we do a forced sync after you get online if there is any inconsistency in save data.

Comment

To clarify, the Gameroom version cannot be played offline. Gameroom cannot be used offline...

Comment

Ok, I use the IOS version, and my internet seems to be working again, but the game still won’t allow pvp or even sync. If I try to manually sync, it crashes.

Edit: I did find out a minor helpful glitch, I can still send facebook friends on expeditions and missions if I select them fast eneough before the no internet popup blocks me. So It looks like it still has some online connection, unless the friends list is also saved offline? In which case, why bother needing internet for that at all?
          Last edited by ShellCore; 08-11-17, 10:52.

Comment

Try different wifi and make it sync once. Then delete the game and install it fresh. Restore your game, preferably using your GI account email and password.

Comment

Well great, now it thinks the times are off and it wants me to restore the last save state. Just when I finally found a Solar Eclipse mission too...oh well, it's only 5 days, I’m sure I won’t lose too much, though I gotta say, this is the second time I’ve had to restore game saves, and I’m not liking it at all

Comment

Oh would you look at that, the same crap as last time too. So I just reloaded my last save, and the game still thinks there’s a time issue and want’s me to reload the last save, the exact same save I reloaded too damnit. I'm starting to remember why I stopped pvp in the first place. Now I don’t rememebr what I did last time on account of it being a year ago, but I remember that I’d rather play offline than have to continue with this crap

Comment

It might be a foolish question, but is the date on the device synced through the internet and never manually set?

Comment

I assume you mean the set automatically in the settings? Then yes, none of the settings have been changed, the only change to anything was when I moved devices back in march, but the game worked fine untill now.

Comment

Well, this isn’t going anywhere. To anyone who comes here looking for answers to a similar or exact same problem, you have my sympathies, and I’m sorry, but you won’t find any answers here. So either resign yourself to offline play only, hope you at least got to rank 8, or do a full game restart.

Comment

Originally posted by ShellCore View Post
                        I assume you mean the set automatically in the settings? Then yes, none of the settings have been changed, the only change to anything was when I moved devices back in march, but the game worked fine untill now.
                        Change of the devices should not affect progress, IF at the time of the move you sync the game first on the original device.

We're still investigating the issue, but yes, no specific news yet.

Comment

Don’t worry, I’ve resigned myself to offline play, for now. Maybe after I collect 100 of every item and 6 of every armor and weapon, I’ll be satisfied enough to restart fresh so I can finally get to rank 8 and collect the last tier of armor and weaponry. And who knows? It could be interesting to see how different the game has become from the beginning. It’s just too bad I probably won’t be able to use the same name, and I definitely won’t be able to rejoin my old team.

Comment

It is a lot more fun starting a new account and doing things differently than to bore yourself with getting everything you do not need...

Comment

Working...
                            X