Update 1.9 is live!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update 1.9 is live!

Commanders, we’ve got some exciting news for you! Version 1.9 is now officially live!

Launch the game now to receive a free gift of chips, upgrade weapons and armor with them, sell unused gear from your inventory, scout for enemies before going on missions and more — read below how we've improved X-Mercs with this update.

Upgrading Equipment

Update 1.9 introduces a new system to upgrade your equipment using special items—chips. Armor and weapons can now be tuned to your liking, with every chip combination creating a new way to play.

Chips

Chips help you customize your equipment. For example, you can add them to your weapons and armor and get bonuses to shield damage or shield capacity accordingly.

Chip Tiers

Every chip has a tier, Mk. I through IV, becoming more powerful with each new tier. You can combine five chips of one tier into one chip of the next tier. Remember: combining chips is irreversible.

Containers

Chips can be found in containers of different rarity. Green containers come with Mk. I chips, blue—with Mk. II, and purple ones come with Mk. III chips. Containers are obtained from PvP victories: the higher your rank is, the better is the chance to obtain a superior container.

Chip Slots

Weapons and armor now have slots for chips*. Installing a chip in a slot will upgrade that item for one level out of four, and it will create a new empty slot for another chip. The higher your item level is, the higher chip tier you need. For example, a gun of level three can be upgraded with Mk. III-IV chips, whereas a first level item can use any chip.

*starting gear has no slots

Selling Items

Don't you wish all these dusty items back at the base could be useful? They already are! Sell weapons, armor and gadgets to gain more credits for the things that really matter—resources and grenades.

PvP Ratings Update

Ratings are now easier to browse through and find other players:

We've also added Local Ratings to PvP, in a separate tab:

Global Ratings remain the only source of weekly rewards, but being at the helm of the best PMC in your region is rewarding enough, right?

Mission Supplies

No more starting a mission and forgetting you are low on antidotes! Now, before every mission, you will be offered to craft or buy recommended items that might come in handy out in the field:

Mission Intel

Where do I find a puppeteer? Do I need EMP grenades today? These are the questions we face every day. Now you have the Recon tab, where for a small Morbidium fee you can learn what enemies will be on a mission.

Other Changes
    • Balance changes to damage, armor, health, and shield values;
    • Multiplied all damage, armor, health, and shield values by 5;
    • Added color-coding for items in the inventory depending on quality, same as chips;
    • New mission-end animations for your mercs;
    • Increased text size for damage, armor, shield points, etc;
    • Tapping the News button in the Main Menu now takes you to the News Hub with all the latest info;
    • New shop and research interface;
    • New info window in battle. Tap the “i” icon or long-tap enemies and your own mercs to see the window with info about them;
    • New research cut scenes for items;
    • New unique class animations for mercs in battle;
    • New skill learning interface;
    • The item shop in the Command Center is now accessed through a new droid, flying right by Veronica.
    Fixes
    • Fixed many mission crashes — thanks for reporting them!
    • Fixed the bug with losing progress upon launching a mission;
    • Optimized the game for high-res devices (such as iPhone 6s Plus);
    • Fixed an issue that may have caused increased battery drain;
    • The Lightning Reflexes skill for the stormtrooper class is now called Agility;
    • The search robot quest is now available at level 5, instead of 4;
    • Fixed the animation bug where poison damage would not show;
    • Added standard weapons to the weapon comparison window;
    • The quest for the reanimator item and its research now appears further along in Chapter 1;
    • Fixed bugs with passing turns between the player and AI;
    • Changed health on NPC characters;
    • The Tech Support button was renamed to Help & Support;
    • Multikill and Deadshot no longer have voiceovers.

plz fix production queue
    when i order something the production selection jumps up again and i have to scroll down, which makes getting 6 stunners dramatically tedius

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Crane View Post
      plz fix production queue
      when i order something the production selection jumps up again and i have to scroll down, which makes getting 6 stunners dramatically tedius
      Heard you loud and clear, we'll improve on its design.

Comment

is "false target II" amongst the fixed missions?

I can report that battery drain is still an issue
        two short missions: 100 to 58 % on iphone 6
        I also noticed some longer mini-freezes again
        Last edited by Dr Crane; 05-05-16, 15:29.

Comment

is "false target II" amongst the fixed missions?

I can report that battery drain is still an issue
          two short missions: 100 to 58 % on iphone 6
          I also noticed some longer mini-freezes again
          Mission fix was game-wide, it should improve overall stability.

As to the battery drain and freezes, are they the same as prior to 1.9 or something new? Any details would be much appreciated.

Comment

freeze is new, ai is "thinking", not a general game freeze always on ai turns
            battery drain is as bad as normal, no new issues

so i take it that it is not smart to try "false target II" now?

Comment

freeze is new, ai is "thinking", not a general game freeze always on ai turns
              battery drain is as bad as normal, no new issues

so i take it that it is not smart to try "false target II" now?
              Thank you for the details.

No worries, try the mission now and we're always ready to send some help

Comment

Finally I can finish the Ripper part 1 mission without is crashing my game

Comment

not so fast

first try false target ii ==> throws me onto the desktop and finishes the game ==> reload: back to mission begin

guys i am a bit tired, i try one more time, then battery is empty anyway

Comment

not so fast

first try false target ii ==> throws me onto the desktop and finishes the game ==> reload: back to mission begin

guys i am a bit tired, i try one more time, then battery is empty anyway

Thank you for the info. Did you try a fresh install?

Comment

not yet, as I said I am nearly done with the game, it is out for such a long time and still not working

EDIT: and again the game exits to the desktop after the battery was brought down and i had to plug the phone in and play in energy save mode
                      as u can imagine, I am extremely disappointed to be used as a beta tester
                      Last edited by Dr Crane; 06-05-16, 02:38.

Comment

Why have you not raised the player level cap?

Comment

and the third crash to desktop after endless tedious play, 6 infections/radiations on my main tank, so boring and then all for nothing
                          i am now fleeing this mission - but did not have to, mission accomplished as it this time brought me back to crashing point
                          Last edited by Dr Crane; 06-05-16, 04:06.

Comment

and the third crash to desktop after endless tedious play, 6 infections/radiations on my main tank, so boring and then all for nothing
                            i am now fleeing this mission - but did not have to, mission accomplished as it this time brought me back to crashing point
                            I understand that your time with the game hasn't improved, but could you, please, try installing a fresh version? This will significantly help.

Comment

Originally posted by StarQnaked View Post
                              Why have you not raised the player level cap?
                              Player levels are tied to gameplay balance and new chapters, hopefully, we will be able to release a new chapter soon.

Comment

13null15
                              Working...
                              X