X-Mercs 101: Base Building

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Mercs 101: Base Building

Have you already seen all the buildings in the Library? With so many options, it's hard to pick what to construct and improve first, and today we run down a few tips on how to develop your base efficiently.

WHAT LOADING TIPS DON'T TELL (YET)

If you run out of space for new buildings, you can either level through the story and expand with credits, or take a shortcut using [Refined Advinite]. Here's a tip: conduct experiments on Walkers for easy advinite.

Building new is cheaper than upgrading the old. Eventually, free space will become precious, but it's useful to start with several lvl 1 buildings.

Build and upgrade 3 Shadow Markets to level 3 and you can log in once an hour to collect 1200 credits! Don't forget to check for 750 credits from your level 2 Command Center as well. Credit goes to Avenging Angels and StarQNaked in the forum thread for debating this one.

Idling is your thing? Make it more convenient, gather Shadow Markets and Expedition HQs near your Command Center for quicker tapping.

When you start, Power Plants are cheaper and smaller, but later in the game you can be low on free space and that is why investing in C.A. Reactors might be a good idea in the long run, as 1 C.A. takes up 4 spots instead of 6 spots with the Power Plants of the same capacity.

SHARE TIPS AND GET RESOURCES

Nothing new for you above? Post a tip of your own on Forum, attach your userID and HQ will transfer 20x [Raw Advinite] for every new protip. Make the world better one advice at a time.

- HQ out.

My tip:

Build as many shadow markets as you can, reason for this is that cash is what you will need the most in the beginning and it's quite hard to get good money but with shadow markets you can get a lot of money and if your the type of person who likes to spend on good equipment for your squad then this is a must for you or anyone who needs money a lot.

LVL:
    First level is only a 100 which is not bad for early lvl
    Second level is 400 which is a much larger amount as you can earn practically 1K each hour
    Third level gives you 1200 which is a massive upgrade and you will make a massive impact on your money income
    Fourth level will give you 1500 which is a not bad increase in your budged
    Fifth level is the final level and you will get a wiping 3500 which will give you more money than you can ever imagine if you have three shadow markets.

Problems: Each level will take more time the final level will take a 12 hours which is quite long.

Hope this is useful and stay tuned for more tips.

Comment

As everyone knows, each level of the Shadow Market takes longer and give less credits per hour. This is why level 3 strikes the balance between convenience and efficiency. The higher levels are more of a luxury really. When you have lots of credits and do not know what to do with them anymore, you could upgrade the Shadow Markets fully, but otherwise stay at level 3. Doing it because you need more credits is not advisable.

For new players I would like to add that even though the Shadow Market is upgraded, one can still choose to collect more often for higher efficency. New players are best off collecting as often as possible. Even though I have my Shadow Markets at level 3, I mostly still collect the 250 credits every 30 minutes while I am playing. Doing the 400 per hour when I am not actively playing, or just not bothering. Micro credit infusions are very handy when one is low on credits. Large credit infusions come from UFOs and PvP.

Besides, it is better to do PvP and avoid buying weapons and armor that need credits to be produced.

Comment

Nice job Star thank you for adding that.

Comment

My inputs to this is I disagree with StarQnaked for once in aspect of shadow market worth lvling to 4 ( and partly 5 ) i think it is indeed worth lvling it to lvl 4 since 4 hours 1500 vs 4 times 1 hour for 4 x 400 is only 100 "loss" so well worth it as "nighttime investment" the lvl 5 i can understand is more soo soo worth it since 3500 from 12 hours vs 4500 from 3 x 4 hours is much more loss and likely you would be able to do 2 x 4 hours since not many sleep or the like for 12 hours .. and then its a 3000 from 2 x 4 hours vs 3500 from 12 hours, there my math tells me the lvl 4 is the best.

Gotta agree that if you are sitting playing actively then indeed using the 10 min or 30 min shadow markets is worth it, especially at early game.

earning the credits to to "big upgrades" ( the lvl 4 ==> 5 upgrades ect .. especially the HQ upgrade ) is made easier by fighting PVP ( that yes, is a good way to earn credits ) then go offline with your game, stay offline while taking out UFO's ( also great way to earn credits ) and getting credits from HQ and shadow markets and not go online again untill you have earned adnstarted the upgrade, to avoid a big ( 10% of mig amoount ) credits from PVP losses

Comment

Now that's a good point BIFIDO because to get 1500 takes only 3 hours where as getting 3500 takes 12 hours you can easily get 4 or 5k with three lvl 4 shadow markets which is quite nice if you ask me

Comment

Having a good amount of and engineers is always a good thing, but what happens when you can't get any more of them unless you upgrade your armoury, to avoid that you will have to build more armouries you will have to get more buy more spaces which is t cheap but worth it later on, one armory allows you to get 4 more engineers when compared to the upgrade that gives you only 1 or 2 to recruit so you already see that it's really nice, but the main problem with this is that you will need to buy more and more of them and you will need to buy more spaces and if my memory serves right one armory costs 1000 in game credits and a few building materials.
              So this is for the people who like quantity which we all do in X mercs and I do that a lot sooooo yeah you can tell it's very successful as a thing.

I will post another tip tomorrow until then hope you enjoy these small tips and I hope they prove useful.

Comment

3XT8KE - I don't really have a plan on upgrading or buyin a new building I usually go with the best and less expensive option!!
                But I have learned some good things here thanks!
                Originally posted by The Avenger View Post
                Have you already seen all the buildings http://x-mercs.com/en/library/base"]in the Library[/URL]? With so many options, it's hard to pick what to construct and improve first, and today we run down a few tips on how to develop your base efficiently.

WHAT LOADING TIPS DON'T TELL (YET)

If you run out of space for new buildings, you can either level through the story and expand with credits, or take a shortcut using [Refined Advinite]. Here's a tip: conduct experiments on Walkers for easy advinite.

Building new is cheaper than upgrading the old. Eventually, free space will become precious, but it's useful to start with several lvl 1 buildings.

Build and upgrade 3 Shadow Markets to level 3 and you can log in once an hour to collect 1200 credits! Don't forget to check for 750 credits from your level 2 Command Center as well. Credit goes to http://forum.x-mercs.com/forum/main-category/coming-soon/1105-difficulty-level?p=2667#post2667"]Avenging Angels and StarQNaked[/URL] in the forum thread for debating this one.

Idling is your thing? Make it more convenient, gather Shadow Markets and Expedition HQs near your Command Center for quicker tapping.

When you start, Power Plants are cheaper and smaller, but later in the game you can be low on free space and that is why investing in C.A. Reactors might be a good idea in the long run, as 1 C.A. takes up 4 spots instead of 6 spots with the Power Plants of the same capacity.

SHARE TIPS AND GET RESOURCES

Nothing new for you above? Post a tip of your own on Forum, attach your userID and HQ will transfer 20x [Raw Advinite] for every new protip. Make the world better one advice at a time.

- HQ out.

Comment

Your welcome Gabriel all of the people who post here are here to help you get better. Also check out the Uknown Enemy Chapter 2 The Awakening

Comment

3ST8LL
                    posted pics already on facebook
                    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
                    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Everything fully upgraded
                    4 Expeditions
                    7 CARs
                    3 Isolators
                    22 squares free

Oh and I just threw out nearly 40k so no need to attack my base

As for shadow markets
                    efficient 1.5k every 4 hrs
                    smart if u have enough cash and dont play 24/7 3.5k every 12 hrs
                    Last edited by Dr Crane; 15-04-16, 23:07.

Comment

You are one dedicated player my friend you have my respect

Comment

Sure, Bifido. If 4 hour intervals suits your schedule, then that is OK. Although, spending 16,500 credits for an upgrade that takes 24 hours (during which you earn nothing) basically means that it takes you at least 68 hours to get those 16,500 credits back for the the privilege of getting 25 less per hour (compared to 400/hour). So, I maintain that it is a luxury upgrade. 68 hours is a long time to wait for beginners when they could get as much as 40,800 credits in that time (if they were truly manic) or more realistically around 20,000.

What would really revolutionize markets would be if we could activate all ways at the same time. Then all the upgrades would be meaningful no matter what we might think of the various ways of using markets..

Comment

Don't upgrade everything! Upgrade only what you need. Don't waste resources and power when you don't really use the benefits. Example: if you play one mission per day, you don't need fast health recovery. Save your resources, especially raw advanite.

P.S. You need a lot of warehouse space.

Comment

Working...
                          X