Game eats up around 30 mb when launched

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game eats up around 30 mb when launched

I don't know if it's normal but each time I launch the game and close it I check my net usage and it says the game has used up around 30 mb... If I open the game 3 times a day I end up wasting around 100 mb and since I don't use wifi I can't afford this! Is it a common issue or is it just my phone?
    Playing on Huawei P20 Lite btw!

Hi! Does the usage of traffic remain the same after the update released today? Current version 2.1 should be considerably better at keeping only the necessary files updated, after you've downloaded the initial big installation, which we recommend to complete via WiFi.

Comment

Originally posted by The Avenger View Post
      Hi! Does the usage of traffic remain the same after the update released today? Current version 2.1 should be considerably better at keeping only the necessary files updated, after you've downloaded the initial big installation, which we recommend to complete via WiFi.
      Unfortunately it still uses around 30 mb each time.. I completely downloaded the update of 1,50 gb today but it didn't change a thing.

Edit: Just launched the game to see how much it'll use and it uses exactly 37 mb as before the update.
      Last edited by VanBugg; 17-01-19, 04:08.

Comment

Originally posted by VanBugg View Post

Unfortunately it still uses around 30 mb each time.. I completely downloaded the update of 1,50 gb today but it didn't change a thing.

Edit: Just launched the game to see how much it'll use and it uses exactly 37 mb as before the update.

Thank you for the specific numbers, we will look into all possible solutions to trim down the required downloads!

Comment

Thank you for the specific numbers, we will look into all possible solutions to trim down the required downloads!
          I really hope you can find a solution! I had this issue with the game since I first installed a while ago and it prevented me from opening the game more than twice a day unless I'm somewhere with available wifi...

Also I tried reinstalling the game earlier today to see if that helps but even after a fresh install it keeps draining 37 MB each time I load up the game...

I'm just curious was this normal pre-update? I don't know anyone else who plays this game so I can't know if other experience a similar issue.

Comment

The size of the first-launch download is about what it should be, containing latest balance and PvP updates that are applied every time you start the game again after closing the app, and we plan to reduce them to mere kilobytes in the future

Comment

The size of the first-launch download is about what it should be, containing latest balance and PvP updates that are applied every time you start the game again after closing the app, and we plan to reduce them to mere kilobytes in the future
              So 37 mb on each launch is normal right now? I was afraid it was just my device...

Comment

So 37 mb on each launch is normal right now? I was afraid it was just my device...

It differs between devices, but can come close to 50Mb upon a launch, correct.

This is not an intended update size for the per-launch balance files, to be clear.

Comment

It differs between devices, but can come close to 50Mb upon a launch, correct.

This is not an intended update size for the per-launch balance files, to be clear.
                  I see... Hope you can fix it then! I really love the game.

P. S. Just to clarify these 37 mb are normal for each time the game is launched not just once, cause for me it's each time...

Comment

I see... Hope you can fix it then! I really love the game.

P. S. Just to clarify these 37 mb are normal for each time the game is launched not just once, cause for me it's each time...

Correct, sadly it happens every launch, and is intended to be on a much more rare schedule, to keep the game up to latest PvP balance updates.

Comment

Correct, sadly it happens every launch, and is intended to be on a much more rare schedule, to keep the game up to latest PvP balance updates.
                      Ok thanks for all the info and help! Hope you solve the issue!

Comment

Working...
                      X