Armors affect on energy shield

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armors affect on energy shield

When I take a defensive stance, it seems like I take less damage to my energy shield. I'm wondering if your armor level also affects how much damage your energy shield takes. I'm sure it affects the damage you take once the shield is gone but curious about the game mechanics.

Originally posted by hogwarts View Post
    When I take a defensive stance, it seems like I take less damage to my energy shield. I'm wondering if your armor level also affects how much damage your energy shield takes. I'm sure it affects the damage you take once the shield is gone but curious about the game mechanics.
    Armor should affect the overall defense rating, yes, but insignificantly, when you add it to the shield damage absorption.

I will try to provide specific numbers, but game mechanics of this depth are often considered internal only information

Comment

Thanks Avenger. Obviously not trying to proprietary info. More of a curiosity. My heavy with more armor seems to take significantly less damage compared to a sniper at the same range from enemy. I know that Heavy skills factor in as well as enemy crit, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by hogwarts View Post
        Thanks Avenger. Obviously not trying to proprietary info. More of a curiosity. My heavy with more armor seems to take significantly less damage compared to a sniper at the same range from enemy. I know that Heavy skills factor in as well as enemy crit, etc.

I assume both have the same shield and armor type as well?

We do balance each class armor around it's purpose too.

Comment

Working...
        X