X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simgar
    started a topic X-mercs 101: Base Building

X-mercs 101: Base Building

I thought I would share my base and some of the reasons behind why I have the quantity of each building, this has been done to my game play style and you don't have to follow it but it has worked well for me so far.
    I cant remember the order I built them in but what I would say is build what you need or will use at the time, and plan your next build/upgrade in advance (don't waste time, resources or credits on something which wont benefit you)
    Command Center: You can only have one.
    Hanger: You can only have one.
    Super Computer: Currently you only need one to enable you to build more science bays
    C.A Reactor: 5 level 2 reactors which produces all the power I need at the moment
    Power Plant: 1 level 3 power plant, left over as originally I had loads of these but swapped them for the more powerful C.A Reactors (I used the space they took up to expand my medical bays)
    Medical Bay: my plan is to get them all to level 3 as soon as possible (ok 8 may seem a little over kill but I don't need power plants and this way I generally don't have any troops waiting to be healed)
    Expedition HQ: Only build to the amount of troops you have there no point wasting space if you don't have the troops to use them.
    Barracks: 4 level 2 barracks giving me a total of 20 troops (this enables me to send lots of expeditions and still have a team to attack with)
    Containment Cell: You will hit a point where you need alien tags and will the more space for stunned aliens the better (I would say you wont need anymore then 2 of these)
    Missile Silo: 2 level 2 (I do intend to increase these to level 3 as I want more missiles as I find shooting down the aliens is the quickest way to earn alien resources and credits 8k for the large ufo)
    Radar: 2 level 2 at the moment you only need a signal strength of 4 max (quickest and cheapest option)
    Warehouse: 6 lvl 3 warehouse may seem a little much but when sending teams on short expeditions you soon start getting some resources in very quickly and shooting down all the UFO's you fill up quickly (I am at the point where I need to upgrade them to level 4)
    Shadow Market: 3 lvl 3 at the moment collecting some credits every hour is just about do-able as i can have my phone on me at work, but i will upgrade them to level 4 to get better credits over night.
    Last edited by Simgar; 19-08-16, 13:02. Reason: forgot shadow markets.. doh

• The Avenger
    replied
    I began to question myself, but yes, you can if you have enough electricity without it

Leave a comment:

• TFBULLDOGS
    replied
    I was wrong. You can destroy Power Plants but only if you have enough Power without it.

Leave a comment:

• TFBULLDOGS
    replied
    Unfortunately, you can no longer let you demolish Power Plants, so what Simgar did (making room for Infirmaries by demolishing Power Plants) will no longer work.

Leave a comment:

• RDNTKNIGHT-PC
    replied
    Can someone post a list of costs to upgrade each building?

Leave a comment:

• kvetchus
    replied
    Make sure you have at least a level 3 missle silo too, can't shoot that big momma down with only two missles. I guess two level 2 would work... but that's a waste of space IMO.

Leave a comment:

• MyPhone
    replied
    I will keep the second radar for a while then... thx...

Leave a comment:

• Simgar
    replied
    Then you probably have to get past that mission as you face a juggernaut on some of the largest alien ships. Finish that mission and see what happens then.

I'm on false target 3 now

Leave a comment:

• MyPhone
    replied
    I am in chapter 4 and in mission where u meet juggernaut for the first time...

Leave a comment:

• Simgar
    replied
    It may be how far through the story line you are, and which chapter are you on?

Leave a comment:

• MyPhone
    replied
    i didnt mean over 4... already have a lvl 4 but i dont see ships bigger than warden which i could already see with lvl 3 radar...

Leave a comment:

• Simgar
    replied
    Once you get too signal strength 4 a bigger alien ship appears there is not need to go above lvl 4 strength.

Leave a comment:

• MyPhone
    replied
    Is there a need for signal strength 4? After seeing this, i built another radar but no bigger ships other than warden which could b detected with 3 so far...

Leave a comment:

• ADVENT
    replied
    I still use those old thermal generators,deleted a few to replace them with C.As

Leave a comment:

• StarQnaked
    replied
    Sure, but there is no better use for Refined advinite.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X