X-Mercs 101: Super Powers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Mercs 101: Super Powers

There's an unyielding power to always persevere in all of us, Commanders, and it's called the Superweapons Tab of Items.

No mission is too hard and no catastrophe too big when you're equipped to handle it, and we'll teach you how to be in 2 steps.

During the mission you can access all superweapons by pressing on the currently equipped one and holding it for a couple of seconds.

If you don't have any equipped yet, press on the big + in the first slot.

Now you're playing with power! Pick your superweapon of choice or buy one, if you haven't yet. All purchased items will be carried into future missions, so it won't hurt to stock up — you'll meet plenty of enemies.

Ion Cannon

Damage: 2500
    Area of Effect: 1.5
    Cooldown: 2 turns
    Price: 6800

The surgical (and quite cheap) way to kill almost any monster with a single blast. While Ion Cannon doesn't have the same range as other superweapons, it's your surest bet against a sudden Juggernaut.

Orbital Bombardment
    Damage: 2500
    Area of Effect: 4
    Cooldown: 3 turns
    Price: 8500

An absolute disaster and the most effective item in the game — Orbital Bombardment can clear most of the map for 1 AP and has the same recharge time as Ion Cannon. If this isn't Efficiency 101, then what is?

Revival
    Reanimates all mercs
    Restores: 90% health
    Cooldown: 10 turns
    Price: 12750

When you find yourself in a situation with one member of your squad left alive, we advice to go for the gold and use Revival to bring them all back. The only downside is its long cooldown, but at that point you better keep in mind why you needed Revival in the first place.

Area Scan
    Uncovers enemies
    Has a cool effect
    Cooldown: 2 turns
    Price: 3400

No doubt the most useful and beautiful creation of the High Council's Science Lab, Area Scan can spot even the stealthiest of chupacabras.

Superweapon and Me

Are you salty enough with the orbital ways and know better when to use them? Share your best practices in this thread, add userID and get 200 Morbidium for your priceless knowledge!
    - HQ out.

Good thing about orbital bombardment is that it does damage to your guys if they are in the zone of fire but NEVER kills them so your guys are completely fine if it hits them. Which is what I like about.

Comment

Unfortunately in PVP any of these aren't available so they are not always usable. But the area scan if I am correct should detect hidden enemies like cloudberries and chupakabras technically but I am not sure.

Comment

It is a good thing that these powers are not available in PvP. It would only attract cheaters.

Personally, I have not used any of them since that first early encounter with an Overseer.

Comment

I've used a few at he beginning part, but once you level up your team and get better equipment I don't think they will be needed, false target 1 is achievable without them.

But I might save up and use one or two for false target 2 as my quick run to see what's involved looked a little nasty.

A nice orbital bomb or two plus a revive should make doing that mission a little easier.

Comment

Juggernaut, 1 ion cannon and all is dust

Comment

Juggernaut's aren't that scary, they can be taken down with ease... The harder part is trying not to kill it and to stun gun it instead, dam those crit hits when you don't want them...

Comment

Simgar you understand our pain.....

Comment

I have used the combo of low health tank run in there use dig in to attract targets/group them together. Then use orbital bombardment. It won't kill your tank and other team members are out of the blast area

User tag hunters

Comment

Orbital bombardment is a expensive way to fight a juggernaut, but if it's works for you then that's your choice, I just need to find more missions with juggernauts in them.

I normally don't use the super weapons but I did during my false target 2 mission.

Comment

Its good to have them as Backup, because then you most probably dont need them. Be worried if you dont have them, because then you need them for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by hmuzyka View Post
                        Its good to have them as Backup, because then you most probably dont need them. Be worried if you dont have them, because then you need them for sure.

It often happens exactly like that - save up and don't need, get into trouble and have none

Comment

Working...
                        X