Best in Class: Scout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best in Class: Scout

Leaving in the dust heavier rivals, Scouts combine the most unique set of skills to establish a permanent spot (or even a couple) in your squad.

Scout skills

To understand the basics of scouting ahead, we recommend learning in the following order:

Mobility (Passive)

+2 to Movement Range

Double Burst

Fires two bursts in a row at -15% aim

Agility (Passive)

First Sentry Mode attack against merc is an automatic miss

The obvious choice of Mobility is a guaranteed way to trigger enemies away from your squad, run back and be ready for them in Sentry mode, Double Burst is invaluable in close quarters when suddenly surrounded by Arachnids, but Agility is what makes Scouts the perfect PvP bait.

Specialization

At level 6 of every Scout's career comes a time to decide: to Heal or to Deal. Both specializations are so different, and yet so useful, that running 2 Scouts in a squad is a tactic we'd like see used more.

Storm Trooper

Would you like to rush into battle guns blazing, take away enemy shields and surprise them with an extra Sentry attack? Welcome!

Assault

Attacks two closest targets within LoS after moving

Overload

500% damage to target's shields, +20% to Accuracy

When you encounter heavy shielded enemies, Overload becomes a must, as your EMP grenades are few and on a cooldown, while Scouts can pop these energy bubbles with ease, plus a turn more often. After, get close and personal by using Assault and finish these enemies off.

Support

You have to know your meds in a harsh world of PMCs, you just do, and nobody can master healing as well as the Support specialization:

First Aid (Passive)

-1 AP to cost of using Reanimator and Medkits

Pre-Med (Passive)

+50% to effect of all Medkits

Do you see the combo? When all medkits cost 1AP to apply and you have several types of them in any battle, there is no onslaught you can't withstand with a single pair of a Support scout and a Defender heavy.

Smart choice

To shoot or not to shoot, that is the question we tried to answer today. Share your own take on the Scout class and help others maximize the potential of their squads with new ideas!

Until next guide, Commanders.
    - HQ out.

Support Scout, no question.

Comment

i love the entertainment value of a stormtrooper running around and around and around in PvP

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Crane View Post
        i love the entertainment value of a stormtrooper running around and around and around in PvP
        Intended behavior.

Originally posted by StarQnaked View Post
        Support Scout, no question.
        I keep hearing about 6 attacks per turn for Storms, dunno

Comment

sure, cheating ai can do a lot of attacks, however at the end of the day my def tank scratches his balls after and that is about it

Comment

The Assault Scout may be not as armoured as the heavy tank, but what he can do is get rid of your shields, dodge shoots, do critical hits with pistols and fire multiple shots in one turn, that for me is my soldier.

Comment

The problem with the Storm Trooper is not lack of armor. It is its lack of fire power compared to heavies and snipers and that it is no replacement for the Support Scout, which is essential if you want to fight against tough opponents and survive.
              Last edited by StarQnaked; 24-05-16, 01:05.

Comment

which is essential if you dont use a def tank

Comment

and that is just one reason the Defender heavy need some serious nerfing

Comment

well, we all agree on that

Comment

Yep, we all do.... god I hate the enemy tanks

Comment

Tough choice, I HAVE to use both for my team to even work.

The Storm Trooper seems like more of a weakening agent than a direct fighter, he/she goes behind enemy lines and weakens them enough for the rest of the team to finish them off. The Cold Rage and Vengful skills are really handy here, add to that the Daredevil skill and your practically always shooting at critical power. So my Storm Trooper is more of a mobile Defender, the trick is to not take too much damage that they die, maybe around 50-70% health.

As for the Support Fighter, I only ever have to heal my Storm Trooper or on occasions my Destroyer, that aside, being able to cover long distances and heal larger amounts for no cost is a must have for any team. Not only that, but the accuracy and armor boosting abilities can even make a Turtle Drone deadly at close range.

Comment

Originally posted by ShellCore View Post
                          Tough choice, I HAVE to use both for my team to even work.

The Storm Trooper seems like more of a weakening agent than a direct fighter, he/she goes behind enemy lines and weakens them enough for the rest of the team to finish them off. The Cold Rage and Vengful skills are really handy here, add to that the Daredevil skill and your practically always shooting at critical power. So my Storm Trooper is more of a mobile Defender, the trick is to not take too much damage that they die, maybe around 50-70% health.

As for the Support Fighter, I only ever have to heal my Storm Trooper or on occasions my Destroyer, that aside, being able to cover long distances and heal larger amounts for no cost is a must have for any team. Not only that, but the accuracy and armor boosting abilities can even make a Turtle Drone deadly at close range.
                          EXACTLY WHAT I USE THEM FOR. I thought I only used them for that but apparently someone actually somewhat uses the same tactic

Comment

13null15
                          Working...
                          X