X-Mercs 101: Chips

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Mercs 101: Chips

Commanders, it's time to learn how to properly improve your equipment! Read below a step-by-step instruction on using chips and scroll down for 15x [Refined Morbidium] and a sneak peak into the future of chips.

The Basics

Introduced in 1.9, chips are a powerful way to upgrade your gear.

All chips have different tiers of quality—Mk. I through IV—and you can insert the same chip into both weapons and armor. For example:
    In weapons In armor
    Tesla Mk. I Damage to shields +20 Shield +60
    Tesla Mk. II Damage to shields +40 Shield +120
    Tesla Mk. III Damage to shields +70 Shield +210
    Tesla Mk. IV Damage to shields +100 Shield +300
    You get chips by wining in PvP and opening one of the 3 containers:

Green containers hold Mk. I chips, blue - Mk. II and purple - Mk III.

Now, everyone is on the same page, let's begin with the best part.

Step 1: Get Free Chips

After you update the game with the latest version and launch X-Mercs, you will be greeted with a handful of free chips to get you started.

Use them wisely — new chips can only be acquired by winning in PvP.

Step 2: Sell/Upgrade Items

To insert the chips for the very first time, go to your Barracks, tap on any active merc and then on the item you would like to improve.

You will be offered an option to either sell that item, or to upgrade it. Press on the Upgrade button to open a full list of available chips.

Tapping on any of them will bring up two options: Install and Combine.

Step 3: Combine Chips

If you have at least 5 chips of the same tier and type, pressing on Combine will show you detailed stats on the next tier and its price.

Pressing Combine the second time will do it. While Mk. I-III could be found in PvP, Mk. IV chips can only be obtained through combining.

Step 4: Install Chips

If you want to upgrade your weapon, press on Install, but remember:

Installing chips is final, you will not be able to extract any chip!

Good, they are grey now. This means that to open a new chip slot, you will need to improve your item one tier up. Press on "Improve to MK-2".

On the final screen, to the left you will see current chip and item bonuses, and to the right — modifiers for improving that item.

Press on Upgrade and watch over three hundred new cut scenes, courtesy of Update 1.9! Return to chip list, with some colored in grey.

More powerful equipment requires higher chips for improvement. Going one tier up requires chips of the same or higher quality, meaning — you can upgrade MK-2 equipment with Mk. II-IV chips, but not with Mk. I.

Repeat until your squad is all-powerful.

Step 5: Peer Into the Future

Right now, weapons and armor in the game have 1 slot for chips and chips can be of 3 types: Tesla, Cobra and Rhino. Looking at how you implement new chip tactics and what chips are the most popular will influence the next part of our Equipment Upgrade System™ (EUS). In future updates, we will introduce more chip slots for items and more chip types. You might think it's pointless to use Cobra chips at the moment, but wait for up to 12 slots per item. Things will turn dire.

Step 6: Share Ideas

Have an idea for a new chip or feedback on current chips? Share them by posting in this thread and we'll reward the most creative ideas with 15x [Refined Morbidium]! Some of them can even become an inspiration.

Until next guide, Commanders.
    - HQ out.

Well I guess we need fire in the game so why not start with the Pyro chip.

Pyro Chip: Sets the enemy on fire doing damage and causing agonising pain to the soldier as well as reducing his armour and accuracy

Comment

R.A.D chip: A experimental but highly damaging chip that has a lower percentage of actually causing the effect on the target when hit but if it does it will give the soldier radiation, infection and reduced armour as well as inflicting high damage per turn.

This will need a very good balance in damage and rarity since this chip is one nasty piece of work.
      Last edited by ADVENT; 11-05-16, 08:51.

Comment

More chip slots per MK level of weapon/armor? What about people who already installed the single chips to make MK4 gear? Will they still be able to add extra chips for each level later?

What is missing is not a chip, but an Ammo Module: The Hunter's Ammo Module
        When equipped, the weapon becomes non-lethal, i.e. if damage is higher than target's health, it will still not kill, but instead leave the target barely alive so it can be easily captured with the stun gun. Or, even better, if the weapon with the Hunter's module almost kills the target it could also capture it.

Comment

radiation and infection would be nasty - so I pay the morbidium for all the players I dont like and send their squads into oblivion by using those chips

Comment

R.A.D chip is your weapon of choice crane.
            As for the Hunter chip it would be a bit of a waste no offence because if you cant get the chip out of the weapon and you use that same weapon in PVP like I do you will have a very useless gun.

Comment

Originally posted by StarQnaked View Post
              More chip slots per MK level of weapon/armor? What about people who already installed the single chips to make MK4 gear? Will they still be able to add extra chips for each level later?
              More chip slots per MK level, correct. Slots will be also vary per item, the same gun of the same MK level can have 1, 2 or 3 slots.

Comment

Originally posted by ADVENT View Post
                R.A.D chip is your weapon of choice crane.
                As for the Hunter chip it would be a bit of a waste no offence because if you cant get the chip out of the weapon and you use that same weapon in PVP like I do you will have a very useless gun.
                which is why it should be an ammo mdoule, lol

Comment

and ppl please PLEASE PPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE dont follow the example in the pictures and insert ur ultra valueable dramatically/insanely hard earned chips into crappy pulse weapon

this is like BOTD in a non-ethereal weapon
                  for kids look here http://images.google.de/imgres?imgur...7mC4kQ9QEIJDAB

Comment

Pulse weapons are fine, gets the job done

Comment

3XT8KE here, sugestion for a chip! An moribidum chip that at the gun pierce the enemy armor or at the armor add extra energy for the shield

Comment

Avenger pulse weapons do get the job done.... but Union weapons are my favourite the feeling of cutting your enemy in half with the Razorback rifle..... just so good.

Comment

Here are my Ideas for Chips....

Load-out Chip
                          In Weapon In Armor
                          Mk. I Increase Ammo: +5%, Increase Crit: +2.5% Increase Health:+5%, Increase Armor: +2.5%
                          Mk. II Increase Ammo: +10%, Increase Crit: +5% Increase Health:+10%, Increase Armor: +5%
                          Mk. III Increase Ammo: +15%, Increase Crit: +7.5% Increase Health:+15%, Increase Armor: +7.5%
                          Mk. IV Increase Ammo: +20%, Increase Crit: +10% Increase Health:+20%, Increase Armor: +10%
                          Accuracy Chip
                          In Weapon In Armor
                          Mk. I Increase Accuracy: +2.5% Decrease Accuracy of Incoming shots:-2.5%
                          Mk. II Increase Accuracy: +5% Decrease Accuracy of Incoming shots:-5%
                          Mk. III Increase Accuracy: +7.5% Decrease Accuracy of Incoming shots:-7.5%
                          Mk. IV Increase Accuracy: +10% Decrease Accuracy of Incoming shots:-10%

I have a team that just does Expeditions so this will help with this team
                          Expedition Chip
                          In Weapon In Armor
                          Mk. I Increase Success: +2.5 Increase Rewards: +2.5%
                          Mk. II Increase Success: +5% Increase Rewards: +5%
                          Mk. III Increase Success: +7.5% Increase Rewards: +7.5%
                          Mk. IV Increase Success: +10% Increase Rewards: 10%

Comment

Now that's substantial, if I ever had a chance to use the word ^^^

Comment

This is one HELL of a researcher..... I have competition to compete with

Comment

Working...
                              X